Help support the work we do by selecting GC Gives Back as your Amazon Smile charity! At no additional cost to you, Amazon Smile will donate 0.5% of your eligible purchases to GC Gives Back, and we’ll invest those funds back into the Jacksonville community.
Amazon Smile is now available in the Amazon mobile app! Select Settings in your app and follow the on-screen instructions to make sure your mobile purchases count toward Smile donations.
2021 GC Gives Back Activities
The Mandarin Food Bank provides emergency food and clothing to those in need. Together we delivered four jumbo-sized bags of food and raised $2,140 to support those in need in our community.
2021 FitBit Challenge: Each year during tax season, our team members compete to log the most steps and win money for their favorite charities. Here are the 2021 winners!
- First place: Page DeWitt with $1,000 going to Rethreaded. Rethreaded is a social entrepreneurship that is breaking the cycle of the sex trade by offering viable and creative work to those affected by the sex trade, or who are coming out of lives of addiction, and violence. A special congratulations to Page as she has taken first place for six straight years! She logged 1,532,415 steps between January and May 15.
- Second place: Craig Trimble with $500 going to Step Up For Students. The program provides Tax Credit Scholarships to students in K-12 who come from low-income families. Congratulations Craig! He logged 1,411,701 steps between January and May 15.
- Third place: Kaneka Jackson with $250 going to Fisher House Foundation. The Foundation provides “a home away from home” for family members to be close to a loved one during hospitalization for an illness, disease, or injury.Congratulations Kaneka! She logged 1,391,559 steps between January and May 15.
2020 GC Gives Back Activities
School supply drive for Communities in Schools of Jacksonville
Diaper Dash for Baby Luv Pregnancy Center in Jacksonville: 1,800 wipes, 672 ounces of powered infant formula, and 1,902 diapers donated to help families in need.
Virtual food drive for BEAM, supporting people in Jacksonville’s Beaches communities. Together we raised $12,000!
2020 FitBit Challenge:
- First place: Page DeWitt with $1000 going to JDRF North Florida. JDRF North Florida is the local chapter of JDRF that raises money for Type 1 diabetes research. Page says, “I have seen the way Type 1 diabetes has touched the lives of a few of our staff members and their loved ones. I have also heard the stories of parents dealing with their small children, and all of the heartache they go through. It really touched my heart. I don’t want other families, children and parents to have to go through those same things. So I couldn’t think of a better organization to donate to!” Congratulations Page! She logged 1,420,057 steps between January 17 and April 15.
- Second place: Kaneka Jackson with $500 going to Gainesville Fisher House. Kaneka says, “I decided to donate to Fisher House because they serve the military community. In situations where a service member is at a military or VA treatment facility, their family members, loved ones, and caregivers have the ability to use the Fisher House Foundation in the same way civilian families can use The Ronald McDonald House. They bridge a gap that is imperative in helping families deal with the stress of a loved one in medical treatment and help lessen the stress of those in that situation.” Congratulations Kaneka! She logged 1,285,123 steps from January 17 to April 15.
- Third place: VJ Gay with $250 going to GC Gives Back. VJ says, “I knew the first time they spoke about GC Gives Back it was an answer to prayer, a way to give to a trusted non-profit that would turn around and give to so many others in need, with 100% of the donations going out to each cause. It also allows us at GunnChamberlain to be boots on the ground and helping hands in the projects that GC Gives Back supports.” Congratulations VJ! She logged 1,059,636 steps from January 17 to April 15.
Pace Center for Girls fundraising luncheon
2nd Annual Scott Currington Memorial Golf Tournament, hosted by CRU Inner City Jacksonville
30th Anniversary Gala: A Toast to the Tassle supporting Communities in Schools Jacksonville
2019 GC Gives Back Activities
Sponsored a table for the Rethreaded Mukti Gala
USO Military Appreciation Night at the Zoo – GC staff volunteered at the annual USO Military Appreciation Night at the Zoo. The Zoo welcomes thousands of Jacksonville military families, at no charge to them, to enjoy the Zoo for the evening!
CPA Day of Service – CPA Day of Service was celebrated in May with GC Staff bringing dinner to the Ronald McDonald House. The Ronald McDonald house provides housing and the comforts of home, to pediatric patients and their families as they are undergoing treatment.
One Blood – Blood Drive – The GC office hosted a blood drive in July, with the Big Red Bus in our parking lot. We were thrilled to “give the gift of life” this summer.
Hurricane Dorian Relief – After Hurricane Dorian demolished the Bahamas, GC friends, clients, and St. Paul’s Catholic School stepped up to donate water and supplies to send to the most devasted areas.
PurpleStrides 5K – The GC staff formed a team to raise money for pancreatic cancer research by participating in a 5K. The GC raised over $1,000 to go to their mission!
PinkOut for Breast Cancer – The staff all wore pink in October to support Breast Cancer Awareness Month
Turkey Donation – the GC collected donations of money and turkey to be given to the Mandarin Food Bank, to help feed local families for the Thanksgiving holiday.
One Blood Blood Drive – GC will be hosting another Blood Drive on December 10th
BEAM Food Drive – GC staff will each be given a resusable grocery tote to fill with food that will benefit families that utilize the Beaches Emergency Assistance Ministry (BEAM).