As the coronavirus pandemic continues to impact the economy, there’s a lot of information flying around. We’ve weeded out the speculation to help you understand the facts related to legislation and economics.
Information for Individuals and Families
The CARES Act was signed by the President of the United States on March 27. We’ve summarized the provisions that impact individual taxpayers on our blog. Read more.
- College students facing financial challenges may be eligible for relief grants via the financial aid offices of their schools. Learn more.
- The IRS has opened its promised portal allowing taxpayers to check the status of their stimulus checks and enter banking information if it’s needed. Click here to access it; note that load times may be slow as traffic peaks.
- The AICPA has created a spreadsheet you can use to calculate your stimulus payment under the CARES Act. Click here to download your copy.
Florida Reemployment Assistance
Coronavirus and the Economy: How to be proactive in an economic crisis
As financial planners who have weathered many financial crises over the past 41 years, we strongly encourage you to keep a long-range view of your affairs. Read more.
Investing in Turbulent Times
That sudden barrage of media notifications that the market is “crashing” makes it seem like panic is the only option. Read more.
Information for Businesses
Small Business Loans and Tax Relief Information
- Florida Small Business Emergency Bridge Loan Applications
- U.S. Small Business Administration Loan Information
- Disaster Loan Assistance (federal)
- Florida Disaster Loans
- Federal Reserve’s Main Street Lending Program
Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Loans
Did you receive a Payroll Protection Program loan? Review our guide to ensuring you’re eligible for loan forgiveness. Read more.
Paid leave during COVID-19: What employers need to know
Regulations and federal guidelines are changing, sometimes by the hour, and it’s critical for employers to be informed of the options for paid leave during COVID-19. Read more.
Families First Coronavirus Response Act: What businesses need to know
While this situation continues to evolve and we expect more to come, there are some key provisions for which business owners should be making adjustments now. Read more.
Florida Department of Revenue Taxpayer Information
Certain filing deadlines for Florida businesses, including sales and use taxes, that are adversely affected have been delayed.
U.S. Department of Labor Required Posting
Follow the link to download a poster that explains your employees’ rights related to paid sick leave and expanded FMLA. Download now.
Frequently Asked Questions
Access our FAQs page to view the answers to common questions related to coronavirus relief.